Saturday 10 November 2012

Chakli

Chakli is  a traditional Indian savory snack. When I was a kid my Mom use to  prepare  this savory  for Diwali and Ganesh chaturthi and  I use to help my mom in  preparing chakli. Times has changed now I prepare chakkli  for my family. This chakli recipe I learn t from my mother-in-law.

Chakli



Ingredients


1kg      Raw rice
250 gm Roasted channa dal
5-4 sp  Chilli powder
3sp     Til
3sp     Zeera
100gm Butter
Salt to taste

Method

  1. Wash rice and spread on a cloth to dry.
  2. Then fry rice without oil so that the moist in the rice gets dried
  3. Grind the  rice and  roasted channadal;to make a nice flour
  4. To this flour add chilli powder,til,zeera,salt and butter mix well
  5. Add water little by little  and make a nice a dough
  6. In chakli maker fill the dough and make  chakli
  7. Deep fry in oil
  8. Store in air tight container

2 comments:

  1. Shubha thank you for the encouraging comments on my blog. So glad you took the time to leave a comment. Your recipes are awesome.Chakli is a fav at home but I must confess I dont make it but buy the store bought version!
    You wondered about time..ha ha if you have a little girl who is entertained with crafting time finds itself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonia ones you make chalki flour you can store it in air tight container and make chakli when ever you have time....

    ReplyDelete